YOGA & ART: AN EXPLORATION OF THE SELF
One-Day Yoga Retreat at the
Arizona State University Art Museum
Sunday, November 12, 2023 – 10:00am-2:30pm
- 10am – 11:30am All Levels Vinyasa Flow Class led by Jenny accompanied by acoustic guitarist James Austin Murray
- 11:30am – 12:15pm Included Postino’s Box Lunch and Suja Juices on the Outdoor Corridor
- 12:15pm – 1:00pm Dharma Talk led by Greg
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm Guided Meditation led by Greg accompanied by Sound Bowls played by Jenny
- 1:30pm- 2:30pm Closing Ritual
- 2:30pm Check out the museum!
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Jenny brings thousands of hours of teaching experience to her classes and is registered with the Yoga Alliance as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) and Continuing Education Provider (YACEP) since 2008. Jenny’s goal is to give her students a yoga practice that is both challenging and calming. Through her intelligent, creative sequencing, she strives to pair the physical and spiritual aspects of yoga while adjusting instruction to the level of each student. In each class, expect a creative, breath-led class that emphasizes functional movement with a strong focus on anatomy and structural strengthening.
Her intention is that students leave her class feeling uplifted, peaceful, and empowered so they can carry those feelings into every aspect of their lives.
Jenny asserts that her yoga practice has brought countless positive changes to her life. She believes that yoga offers a path of self-discovery and the opportunity to continually transform ourselves while strengthening our connections to what is truly important.
In 2012, Jenny started a yoga retreat company, Yoga Within You, teaching yogis from all over the world and traveling to many international countries.
Fun fact: Jenny was a contestant on 2006’s CBS reality competition Survivor: Cook Islands!
Greg Casale has taught the physical practice and philosophy of yoga the world over, leading classes, workshops, international retreats, and large public events, including Yoga on the National Mall, which draws thousands of practitioners. For over 20 years, Greg has studied worldwide spiritual traditions and mythology with Tibetan dharma teachers, shamans from around the globe, and yogic scholars. He also practices Jyotish, the astrology of India. An award-winning journalist, poet, and author, Greg draws from these ancient traditions and wisdom to infuse his yoga practice and teaching.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Please bring your own mat, water bottle, and towel. Mats will not be provided. Some blocks will be provided. Also, please bring a pen & paper (or use your phone) for a short journaling session.
- Please come to class with just your essentials. A table and large bin outside of the gallery will be provided to place your personal belongings. No food or water will be allowed in the gallery in order to protect the space.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to class time to settle in and peruse the surrounding artwork.
- There is limited parking at the museum entrance. Parking is available across the street at the Tempe Center parking garage at 10th & Mill Ave.
- If you should cancel before November 1, 2023, 50% of your retreat fee will be refunded. If you cancel on or after November 1, 2023, you will forfeit your retreat fee. Should the event be canceled by Jenny Guzon-Bae and Greg Casale for any reason, your retreat fee will be refunded.